Pens for farrowing
Pens for farrowing sow
These pens are designed for farrowing sows. Thereafter, staying within the farrowing boxes, they house the get.
Depending on the construction type and used technologies, Variant Agro Build provides the pens for milking sows. Having diff erent constructions and sizes, such pens may be placed straightly or diagonally in the box.
The pens are provided with the roll-cages, which prevent the quick lowering of sow and piglets squeezing. Moreover, they are equipped with the dividing frames, which ensure the free access of piglets to sow dugs.
Farrowing box is possible to use various fl ooring systems as well as enclosures from plastic panels.
Pen of 001 type
- Width of the pen rear part is of fi ve types – 492mm/530mm/575mm/613mm/658mm
- Pen length (without food cup) is regulated in accordance with the sow size – from 1742 to 1906mm
- Availability of roll-cages
- Adjustable height of dividing frames
- Tipping food cup with the capacity of 14l
- Fixation to the main wall
Pen of 016 type
- Lower bend of the door provides the free access to young piglets.
- Upper bend protects the sow’s genital organs from traumas.
- Protective cover prevents the feeds throwing out from the food cup.
- Forms of the dividing frames are similar to sow contours, so they provide the comfortable conditions for the animal.
- Tipping food cup features the side or central locking.
Box on the vat
This design enables the staged reconstruction works without interrupting and stopping of the operation processes, which are related to head movement. Moreover, it provides the better climatic and sanitary conditions:
- Manure is disposed once a week, so the amount of deposited ammonia and off ensive odor is decreased;
- Nest-form construction has no drafts;
- The air fl ows to the breed shed under the vats. Being heated, it rises up and secures the stable temperature and air exchange.